All graduate medical education programs at WMed participate in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) for the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
WMed accepts and requires the following documents from our applicants through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) from September 1 to December 1:
- Universal Application
- USMLE or COMLEX Exam Scores
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean's Letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Recent Photograph (optional)
- ECFMG Status Report (if applicable)
- We strongly prefer applicants who have passed USMLE or COMLEX Steps 1 and 2 on the first attempt.
- The minimum USMLE and COMLEX Scores used to determine interview eligibility for applicants is determined annually by the Program Director.
- Applicants must have passed CS or PE on their first attempt
- We require applicants to have graduated from medical school less than three years ago.
- Applicants must have a minimum of six months U.S. clinical experience.
- We prefer at least one letter of reference from a Family Medicine physician.
Applicants selected for an interview are contacted by staff and a date is determined. A typical interview day is structured for you to meet with residents and faculty, tour our facilities and get a feel for life in Battle Creek.
Housing and Relocation Assistance
The Battle Creek community has come together to provide an incentive for our resident physicians to live in the Battle Creek area. The greater Battle Creek area is defined as the cities of Battle Creek and Springfield, and the townships of Bedford, Emmett and Pennfield. To be eligible for this incentive program, you must be accepted into our program or be a current resident in good standing.
Residents who are new home buyers within the target area can receive one-time financial assistance of $5,000 toward costs associated with moving, purchasing or paying for mortgage expenses. Residents who are renting or signing a lease within the target area can receive a one-time financial assistance up to $5,000 toward the security deposit or rent. Residents who are signing a lease for primary residency in The Milton in Battle Creek can receive additional financial assistance up to $5,000 per year (for up to three years) toward the cost of rent.