The Sequencing Core offers an Illumina MiSeq for next-generation sequencing and an ABI SeqStudio Genetic Analyzer for Sanger sequencing. Our Diagenode Bioruptor Pico, Agilent 2100 bioanalyzer, Invitrogen Qubit 4 Fluorometer, and ABI QuantStudio3 PCR are also available for NGS library preparation, quality control analysis, and nucleic acid quantification. The Scientific Advisor of the core provides consultation for experimental design and data analysis.
The Sequencing Core is comprised of the following equipment:
- (1) Illumina Miseq: Generates up to 25 million sequencing reads with 2 × 300 bp read lengths. Optimal for targeted gene sequencing, small genome sequencing and 16S metagenomics sequencing.
- (1) ABI SeqStudio Genetic Analyzer: Cost-effective and fast turn-around sanger-sequencing platform for plasmid and PCR products sequencing. Also applicable for fragment analysis.
- (1) 10X genomics Chromium Controller
- (1) Agilent 2100 bioanalyzer
- (1) Applied Biosystems MiniAMP Plus ThermoCycler
- (1) Invitrogen Qubit 4
- (1) Isotemp combo Freezer and refrigerator
- (1) Thermofisher Sorvall Legend Micro 21R Refrigerated centrifuge
- (1) HPE server for Bioinformatics.
- (1) Apple MacBook Pro