Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery
Dr. Ely Shapiro is a board-certified otolaryngologist who practices at Adult & Pediatric Ear, Nose & Throat in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He completed his undergraduate degree in biology at New York University, and then graduated from New York Medical College in 1992, where he was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He completed his otolaryngology training at the University of Southern California in 1997 and continued his training in pediatric head and neck disorders at the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. He has been in private practice in southern Michigan since 1998 and is affiliated with Borgess Medical Center, Bronson Methodist Hospital, and Woodbridge Surgery Center. Dr. Shapiro sees adults and children, carefully listening and providing explanations in understandable language. He treats ear and sinus disorders, swallowing and breathing difficulties, head, neck, and throat diseases, as well as allergy conditions.
Education and Training
- Fellowship 1998, Pediatric Otolaryngology, University of Southern California
- Residency 1997, Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University of Southern California
- Internship 1993, University of Southern California
- MD 1992, New York Medical College
- BA 1988, Biology, Washington Square & University College of Arts and Science, New York University
- Pediatric Otolaryngology
Moran T.M., Usuba O., Shapiro E., Rubenstein L.J., Ito M., Bona C.A. A novel technique for the production of hybrid antibodies Journal of Immunological Methods. 1990;129(2):199-205.