Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
Evan White, MD, is an emergency physician with Southwestern Michigan Emergency Medical Services and a native to the Kalamazoo area. He is a graduate of Western Michigan University, where he received degrees in Biomedical Sciences as well as Philosophy with a concentration in Professional and Applied ethics. He obtained his medical degree at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan. He completed an emergency medicine residency at Detroit Receiving Hospital, where he was a chief resident in his last year of residency. His interests include medical education, administration, and ethics.
Education and Training
- Residency 2021, Emergency Medicine, Detroit Medical Center
- MD 2018, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- BA 2014, Philosophy: Professional and Applied Ethics, Western Michigan University
- BS 2014, Biomedical Sciences, Western Michigan University
- Applied Ethics
Prieto D., Soto-Ferrari M., Tija R., Peña L., Burke L., Miller L., Berndt K., Hill B., Haghsenas J., Maltz E., White E., Atwood M., Norman E. Literature review of data-based models for identification of factors associated with racial disparities in breast cancer mortality Health Systems. 2019;8:75-98.
White E., Kounelis S., Byrd-Jacobs C. Plasticity of glomeruli and olfactory-mediated behavior in zebrafish following detergent lesioning of the olfactory epithelium Neuroscience. 2015;284:622-631.
- Bile leak following cholecystectomy. Ryan JT, Shebrain SA, Burke LA, White EJ, MacCallum CL, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons 2015 Annual Meeting, Nashville, Tennessee, 04/2015
- Plasticity of glomeruli and olfactory-mediated behavior in zebrafish following detergent lesioning of the olfactory epithelium. White EJ, Kounelis SK, Byrd-Jacobs CA, The Association for Chemoreception Sciences 36th Annual Meeting, Bonita Springs, Florida, 04/2014
- Loss and recovery of odorant-mediated behavior correlates with plasticity of axonal projections in the zebrafish olfactory bulb in a reversible differentiation model. White EJ, Paskin TR, Byrd-Jacobs CA, The Association for Chemoreception Sciences 35th Annual Meeting, Huntington Beath, California, 04/2013