Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery
President and founder of West Michigan Plastic Surgery, Dr. Scott Holley is a board-certified hand and plastic surgeon. His practice serves Grand Rapids and other communities in the central and western part of the state.
Dr. Holley completed his undergraduate education at Purdue University and received his medical degree from The Indiana University School of Medicine. Following a five-year residency in General Surgery at Indiana University, he completed a second two-year residency in Plastic Surgery at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. Dr. Holley’s experience also includes additional Fellowship training in Hand & Microsurgery at the Kleinert Institute in Louisville, KY; burn surgery at the Shriner’s Hospital in Cincinnati, OH, and cosmetic surgery with Drs. Baker, Stuzin, and Gordon in Miami, FL.
Dr. Holley is board certified in Plastic Surgery and holds the Certificate of Added Qualification as a specialist in Hand Surgery.
Beyond clinical practice, Dr. Holley is committed to serving the medical community. Locally, he has acted as section head of Plastic Surgery for our hospitals and served as a delegate to the state medical society for the Kalamazoo Academy of Medicine. Dr. Holley has been elected to serve as president of the Michigan Association of Hand Surgery and has acted as a patient advocate on the Worker’s Compensation Committee of the Michigan State Medical Society.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (Surgery of the Hand)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (Plastic Surgery)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 1997, Hand and Microsurgery, Christine M Kleinert Institute
- Residency 1996, Plastic, Reconstructive, and Hand Surgery, University of Cincinnati
- Residency 1994, General Surgery, Indiana University Medical Center
- MD 1989, Indiana University
- BS 1984, Biology, Purdue University