We use the following criteria to determine which applicants to our program will be offered interviews:
- Only applications submitted through ERAS are considered for review. In fairness to all applicants, we do not pre-screen or offer any feedback in regards to applications. An email invitation will be sent to all applicants selected for an interview.
- All applicant interviews will be conducted virtually through Microsoft Teams. There will be no on-site interviews.
- The application process opens for program access to applications on September 28, 2022, for the NRMP match.
- All allopathic and osteopathic graduates match with our program through the NRMP match.
- We require all applicants to have passed USMLE Steps 1 and 2, or COMLEX Level 1 and 2 for DO applicants.
- The preferred minimum score for international graduates for Steps 1 and 2 is 250.
- We prefer International Medical Graduate (IMG) applicants who are ECFMG-certified prior to interview dates.
- In addition to mandatory letters of recommendation (3), one more requirement includes: Please add a paragraph or two at the end of your personal statement to explain your interest in the WMed IM residency program. WMed will be participating in the supplemental application program that is being offered this year.
- TOEFL certification is required for matched applicants (if applicable). According to the State of Michigan Bureau of Professional Licensing, an incoming resident who went to a medical school in which the language of instruction was NOT English, must take the TOEFL-IBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exam and achieve a score of not less than 80 in order to receive an educational limited medical license in Michigan. Visit www.toefl.org for further information.
- U.S. clinical experience is recommended and helpful but not necessary.
- We sponsor J-1 Visas ONLY.
- The preferred minimum graduation date is 2020; if prior to 2020, you must have continued to do research, completed a fellowship, or practiced medicine with no lapses in time.
- The application deadline is December 1, 2022.
Please note that scores and year of graduation are PREFERENCES; each application is considered in its entirety. All applications are reviewed by our faculty. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by email.
Take a look below to see why our residents love being a part of our program and the Kalamazoo community.