Assistant Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine
Contact InformationPatient Care Related:
Steven Pollens, MD, is a family medicine specialist in Kalamazoo, MI and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine in 1982 and completed his residency in Family Practice at E.W. Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, MI in 1986.
Dr. Pollens has done a significant amount of international family medicine, traveling to Central America, South America, and Madagascar in order to treat patients in developing nations.
Dr. Pollens is currently Medical Director for the Student Health Center at Kalamazoo College, serving the students of the institution and precepting the advanced practice providers on campus. He has interest in obstetrics and gynecology, sexual health, and international medicine.
- American Board of Family Medicine (Family Medicine)
Education and Training
- Residency 1986, Family Practice, E.W. Sparrow Hospital
- Internship 1983, Flower Hospital
- MD 1982, Michigan State University
- BS 1976, Psychology, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- Spanish, functional
- Family Medicine