Mark D Schauer, MD
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Dr. Schauer joined WMed in 2010, bring a wealth of clinical experience from 22 years of the clinical practice of medicine in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. His interests are in clinical medicine, quality improvement education and the mindful practice of medicine.
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Education and Training
- Chief Resident 1987, Internal Medicine, Southwest Michigan Area Health Education Center
- Residency 1986, Internal Medicine, Southwest Michigan Area Health Education Center
- MD 1983, University of Illinois at Chicago
- BS 1979, Biology, Western Illinois University
Lima N.d.A., Santos G., Lima C.C.d.V., Schauer M.D. Percutaneous mitral balloon valvulotomy in pregnant women with mitral stenosis from rheumatic heart disease: a series of cases Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2020;40:1169-1170. doi: 10.1080/01443615.2019.1693525.
Mehta A., Bath A., Gadre A., Schauer M. Lung adenocarcinoma presenting as interstitial lung disease BMJ case reports. 2020;13 doi: 10.1136/bcr-2020-235602.
Wallington D., Schauer M., Bauler L.D. Simultaneous presentation of thyroid storm and diabetic ketoacidosis in a previously healthy 21-year-old man BMJ Case Reports. 2019;12 doi: 10.1136/bcr-2018-227554.
Schauer M., Bauler L. Development of a Longitudinal Quality Improvement Curriculum Combining Workshops, Learning Modules, and Self-Defined Projects for Residents Medical Science Educator. 2018;28:445-450. doi: 10.1007/s40670-018-0563-0.