Associate Dean for Culture
Chief Wellness Officer
Associate Professor, Department of Medical Ethics, Humanities, and Law
Karen Horneffer-Ginter, PhD, received her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan and her MA and PhD from the University of Illinois in Clinical and Community Psychology. She completed her clinical psychology internship at the University of Massachusetts and more recently received a graduate certificate in International Relations from the Harvard Extension School. She has served as an Associate Professor and Program Director for WMUs Integrative Holistic Health and Wellness Program, and is also the co-founder of the Center for Psychotherapy and Wellness in Kalamazoo. Dr. Horneffer-Ginter serves as the Associate Dean for Culture and Wellness.
Education and Training
- Postgraduate Certificate 2021, Executive Leadership, Cornell University
- Postgraduate Certificate 2018, International Relations, Harvard University
- PhD 1996, Clinical and Community Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- MA 1993, Clinical and Community Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- BA 1991, Psychology, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
Horneffer-Ginter K. Stages of change and possible selves: 2 tools for promoting college health Journal of American College Health. 2008;56(4):351-358.
- Introducing Mindfulness Into the UME Curriculum: Assessing the Utility of a Student-Facilitated Experiential Approach. Magidenko M, Zheng A, Aardema A, Pellman M, Sandberg M, Micheli D, Horneffer-Ginter K, 38th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Virtual Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2021
- RedCap and RShiny Together to Survey and Deliver Personalized Feedback of a Well-Being Assessment. Vos D, Bell A, Brandt R, Horneffer-Ginter K, 38th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Virtual Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2021
- The Words We Use: Identifying the Preferred Lexicon for Predictors of Physician Burnout. Horneffer-Ginter K, Greene J, Apple R, Graves L, Gibson K, Tullio J, Kaufman A, 36th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2019