Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery
Jason Ryan, MD, is a board-certified general surgeon with The Surgical Group of Southwest Michigan in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He is a graduate of Albion College in Albion, Michigan. He earned his medical degree from Ross University School of Medicine in Roseau, Dominica, West Indies. He completed his residency in general surgery with Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine, then went on to complete a fellowship in vascular surgery with Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, Michigan.
- American Board of Surgery (Surgery)
- American Board of Surgery (Vascular Surgery)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2018, Vascular Surgery, Henry Ford Health System
- Residency 2016, Surgery, Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine
- MD 2009, Ross University School of Medicine
- BA 2005, Economics and Management, Albion College
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
Adas Z., Nypaver T., Shepard A., Weaver M., Ryan J., Huang J., Harriz R., Kabbani L. Survival after abdominal aortic aneurysm repair is affected by socioeconomic status Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2019;69:1437-1443.
Kabbani L.S., Ryan J., Isseh I.N. Endovascular repair of acute aortic dissection Endovascular and Open Vascular Reconstruction: A Practical Approach. 2017:93-98.
Shebrain S., Ryan J. Commentary: 17-β-estradiol reappropriates mass lost to the hypermetabolic state in thermally injured rats Journal of Surgical Research. 2013;185
- Bile leak following cholecystectomy. Ryan JT, Shebrain SA, Burke LA, White EJ, MacCallum CL, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons 2015 Annual Meeting, Nashville, Tennessee, 04/2015