Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Jessica Kinkela, PhD, is a licensed psychologist with the Battle Creek VA Medical Center in Battle Creek, Michigan. She is a graduate of Hope College in Holland, Michigan. She earned both a master's degree and doctoral degree in clinical psychology from Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. She also has a certificate in gerontology from Ohio University. She completed a postdoctoral fellowship with Edward J Hines Veterans Hospital in Hines, Illinois, in neuropsychology.
Dr. Kinkela serves as Director of Psychology Training for the practicums, internships, and residencies offered in psychology at the Battle Creek VA Medical Center. She has interest in substance abuse disorders, cognitive function, and geropsychology. She enjoys medical education and has done several talks to different groups in the Kalamazoo and Battle Creek area about a variety of topics, including traumatic brain injury and Parkinson's disease.
- American Board of Professional Psychology (Clinical Neuropsychology)
Education and Training
- Postdoctoral Fellowship 2010, Neuropsychology , Edward J Hines Veteran Hospital
- PhD 2008, Clinical Psychology, Ohio University
- Certificate 2008, Gerontology, Ohio University
- MSc 2005, Clinical Psychology, Ohio University
- BA 2001, Psychology, Hope College
- Clinical Neurology
Kinkela J., Haque S., Axelrod B., Seicarescu C., Judd S. Disoriented and forgetful Current Psychiatry. 2011;10(12):59-65.
Suhr J.A., Kinkela J. Perceived threat of Alzheimer disease (AD): The role of personal experience with AD Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders. 2007;21(3):225-231.