This year during the current application cycle, our program will utilize virtual interviews exclusively through Microsoft Teams
We participate in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
We strive for excellence in our program and seek applicants with the qualities that make an excellent physician, including outstanding interpersonal communication, leadership, and teaching skills, as well as dedication, compassion, altruism, self-motivation, and initiative.
While academic performance in medical school is important, we feel that USMLE and COMLEX scores do not reliably predict residency performance. For applicants who have taken and passed the USMLE and COMLEX examinations while in medical school, we review each applicant carefully, regardless of their score, to identify the candidates we will invite for an interview. Osteopathic applicants can submit either exam. We regret that we cannot extend interviews to everyone. After a thorough review, if you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by e-mail along with receiving materials and information for your interview.
Applications and the following documents are accepted through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). Applicants selected for an interview will be notified via the email provided in ERAS on a rolling basis, beginning October 11, 2022.
- Three letters of recommendation (although it is preferable to have a letter from Internal Medicine and/or Pediatrics, we prefer letters from those who know you).
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Dean's Letter
- Recent photo
- Curriculum Vitae
- USMLE and COMLEX results
- All allopathic and osteopathic graduates match with our program through the NRMP Match.
- ECFMG Status Report (if applicable)
- We sponsor J-1 visas only.
- According to the State of Michigan Bureau of Professional Licensing, an incoming resident who went to a medical school in which the language of instruction was NOT English must take the TOEFL-IBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exam and achieve a score of not less than 80 in order to receive an educational limited medical license in Michigan. Visit toefl.org for further information.
- The application deadline is December 1, 2022.