Residency Program Director, Department of Emergency Medicine
Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
Philip Pazderka, MD, is a board-certified emergency medicine physician with Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine. He currently serves as the Department of Emergency Medicine's Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director.
Dr. Pazderka is a graduate of the University of Nebraska - Lincoln in Lincoln, Nebraska. He earned his medical degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, Nebraska. He completed his emergency medicine residency at Michigan State University - Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Dr. Pazderka has also pursued additional training in graduate medical education, completing a fellowship with the American College of Emergency Physicians in teaching.
Dr. Pazderka serves as a peer reviewer for Journal of Investigative Surgery and Annals of Emergency Medicine. He is active at WMed, serving on the institution's Quality Improvement Committee, the Strategic Planning Leadership Team, and the Faculty Academic Council.
- American Board of Emergency Medicine (Emergency Medicine)
Education and Training
- Residency 2003, Emergency Medicine, Michigan State University-Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies
- MD 2000, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- BS 1995, Chemistry, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Emergency Medicine
- Emergency medicine residents in the prehospital setting: Does this augment training?. Bon E, Clifton C, Billian J, Pazderka P, Overton D, Redinger K, Mastenbrook J, 40th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2022
- How to Teach Regional Anesthesia to Emergency Medicine Residents. Pazderka P, Hakmeh W, Burson K, Thornton J, Welham N, 40th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2022
- A case of Wellen's syndrome in a patient presenting with chest pain. Aydemir B, Williams J, Pazderka P, 40th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2022
- Flecainide Toxicity: A Case Report. Hoang K, Pazderka P, 38th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Virtual Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2021