Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery
Daniel Barnas, MD, is a board-certified surgeon with Borgess Surgical Specialties in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He is a graduate of University of Central Arkansas in Conrad, Arkansas. He earned his medical degree from Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago, Illinois. He completed a surgery residency with Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan.
Dr. Barnas' research interest include the interplay between mental illness and breast cancer, surgical treatment of breast cancer, and interprofessional communication.
- American Board of Surgery (Surgery)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2012, Breast Surgery, Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Chief Resident 2005, Surgery, Department of Surgery, Michigan State University
- MD 2000, Medical School, Northwestern University
- BS 1996, Biology, University of Central Arkansas
- Surgery, General
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Taylor W.S., Spicer E.M., Barnas D.F. Metastable Metal Ion Production in Sputtering dc Glow Discharge Plasmas: Characterization by Electronic State Chromatography Journal of Physical Chemistry A. 1999;103(5):643-650.
Taylor W.S., Campbell A.S., Barnas D.F., Babcock L.M., Linder C.B. Thermal and near-thermal reactions of Pt<sup>+</sup> and Au<sup>+</sup> with small alkenes Journal of Physical Chemistry A. 1997;101(14):2654-2661.