Instructor, Department of Family and Community Medicine
Contact InformationPatient Care Related:
Michael Rodriguez, MD, is a family physician. He received a bachelors degree in Engineering Sciences from University of Rochester. He graduated from the American University of the Caribbean and completed his family medicine residency at MSU/MyMichigan in Alma, Michigan. He served as chief resident his last year of residency. He is currently the Sports Medicine Fellow at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine. His current clinical, teaching, and research interests include MSK ultrasound, performance arts medicine, and adaptive sports medicine.
Education and Training
- Senior Clinical Fellow 2023, Sports Medicine, Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine
- Residency 2022, Family Medicine, Mid-Michigan Gratiot, Michigan State University Statewide Campus System
- MD 2018, American University of the Caribbean
- BS 2012, Engineering Sciences, University of Rochester
- Performance arts medicine
- Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Adaptive sports medicine
Ulmasov B., Oshima K., Rodriguez M., Cox R., Neuschwander-Tetri B. Differences in the degree of cerulein-induced chronic pancreatitis in C57BL/6 mouse substrains lead to new insights in identification of potential risk factors in the development of chronic pancreatitis American Journal of Pathology. 2013;183(3):692-708.