Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
Sheryl Lozowski-Sullivan, PhD, MPH, is a clinical psychologist. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor in Honors Psychology. She completed her Master's of Public Health at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor in Public Health Policy & Administration. She worked in public health in a variety of positions including developing policies and programs at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan. Dr. Lozowski-Sullivan earned her doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from Western Michigan University. She currently serves on a multidisciplinary team at the Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine for cystic fibrosis patients and families and as President and owner of Integrated Behavioral Health Psychological Services, a private practice in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Her clinical interests are in evidence-based interventions, brief interventions, integrated behavioral health and outcomes in mental health care delivery.
Education and Training
- PhD 2011, Clinical Psychology, Western Michigan University
- MA 2006, Clinical Psychology, Western Michigan University
- MPH 1990, Public Health Policy and Administration, University of Michigan
- BS 1986, Psychology, University of Michigan
- Clinical Psychology
Sullivan A.W., Lozowski-Sullivan S. The Continuum of Intervention Models in Integrated Behavioral Health Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2021;68(3):551-561.
Lozowski S., Chesler M., Chesney B. Parental intervention in the medical case of children with cancer Journal of Psychosocial Oncology. 1994;11(3):63-88.
Lozowski S. Views of childhood cancer survivors. Selected perspectives Cancer. 1993;71(10 S):3354-3357.
Meadows A., Black B., Nesbit M., Strong L., Nicholson H., Green D., Hays D., Lozowski S. Long‐term survival. Clinical care, research, and education Cancer. 1993;71(10 S):3213-3215.
- Quality Improvement Initiative in Sweat Chloride Testing at the WMed Health Cystic Fibrosis Program and Bronson Methodist Hospital. Ziccarello J, Guthrie P, Parrott I, Peak B, Herrera C, Wells-Schmidt D, Bonnema S, Lozowski-Sullivan S, Homan K, Vess N, Bailey T, Hovey J, Caskey A, Ischander M, 40th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2022
- Integrated multidisciplinary after visit summaries: A tool to improve patient engagement in cystic fibrosis clinic. Herrera C, Wells-Schmidt D, Homan K, Bailey T, Vess N, Hovey J, Bonnema S, Lozowski S, Anjorin N, Ischander M, 38th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2021