Debra Ann Taubel, MD
Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Debra Taubel, MD is a board certified obstetrics and gynecology medicine physician with Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine. She currently serves as Chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and as the Program Director for the department’s residency program.
Dr. Taubel is a graduate of Hunter College in New York City, New York. She earned her medical degree from State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn-Downstate College of Medicine. She completed her residency program at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York, where she served as administrative chief resident.
Dr. Taubel has an educational and clinical interest in graduate medical education. Dr. Taubel brings years of educational leadership, having been the clerkship director and residency program director respectfully at Weill Medical College of Cornell University and The New York Presbyterian Hospital.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
Education and Training
- Residency 1999, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mount Sinai - St. Luke's and Roosevelt Hospitals
- MD 1995, SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn
- BA 1991, Biology, Hunter College, CUNY
VanderVeen N., Wieneke A., Tran S., Kim A., Davis K., Taubel D. Perceived Barriers and Trends in HPV Vaccination via Patient Survey Responses at Kalamazoo, Michigan’s Federally-Qualified Health Center Journal of Community Health. 2020;45:48-54.
Balun J., Dominick K., Cabral M.D., Taubel D. Endometriosis in adolescents Pediatric Medicine. 2019;2
Geynisman-Tan J., Taubel D., Asfaw T. Is something missing from antenatal education? A survey of pregnant women's knowledge of pelvic floor disorders Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. 2018;24:440-443.
Geynisman-Tan J.M., Taylor J.S., Edersheim T., Taubel D. All the darkness we don't see American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2017;216:135.e1-135.e5.
Gelber S., Taubel D., Chervenak F. American medical education: The evolution of excellence Journal of Perinatal Medicine. 2016;44:411-413.
Ipp L.S., Taubel D., Walters H., Gupta D. Adolescent with an abdominal mass Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Reviews. 2012;23:285-289.
- Awareness and Accessibility of Contraception. Lee D, Cheng A, Jones A, Swayze E, Jones K, Ellis M, Newbery G, Tripathy A, Myrick E, Taubel D, Schultz K, Woodwyk A, 38th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Virtual Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2021
- Virtual Residency Interviews: The Perspective of 2020-2021 OBGYN Applicants. Schultz K, Swayze E, Vos D, Taubel D, Sharp R, 38th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Virtual Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2021