Chief Resident, Department of Surgery
Instructor, Department of Surgery
Contact InformationPatient Care Related:
St. George’s University School of Medicine
Wayne State University (MS, Biomedical Engineering)
University of Notre Dame (Science)
What are your interests and hobbies outside of work?
Watching college football, pickup basketball, video games, movies, and TV shows
What is your clinical area of interest?
General surgery – no specific specialty yet!
What do you like about training at WMed Surgery?
We get excellent operative experience and it really feels good to grow as a surgeon with co-residents who are friends and attendings who enjoy teaching us.
Education and Training
- MD 2017, St. George's University
- MS 2012, Biomedical Engineering, Wayne State University
- BS 2011, Science Pre-Professional, University of Notre Dame
- Perforated Appendicitis: The Solution to Pollution is Not Dilution. Jose J, Liu G, Leinwand M, 40th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2022
- Is Bloodstream Infection an Epiphenomenon in Surgical Patients?. Jose J, Sawyer R, 38th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Virtual Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2021